I just love me a good brownie. And I also happen to be a big fan of the whole chocolate-peanut butter combo. So basically, if you’re me, these brownies are a very good thing. They feature a rich, fudgy chocolate-peanut butter base with a chunky peanut butter filling. Talk about yum.
Incidentally, my work schedule recently changed (read: got more demanding) and so I haven’t been posting (or baking, for that matter) quite as regularly as I normally would. I wonder if this new schedule will have a positive effect on both my wallet and waistline…guess we’ll have to see what happens.
Chocolate Chunky Peanut Butter Brownies
1 stick of butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup AP flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugars, egg, smooth peanut butter, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until well-combined.
- Pour half of the batter into your prepared pan.
- Spread the chunky peanut butter on top of the base layer using either the greased back of a spoon or an offset spatula.
- Spread the remaining brownie batter on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let the brownies cool in the pan for at least an hour before slicing and serving.